Thursday, October 29, 2015

He Waves Goodbye to Symmetry


'15 Topps Jason Heyward #181 "Waving" Variation.

Acquiring this card caused me to have page order angst.  Until now I had avoided putting the "sparkle" variation into the binder.  But I figured with this card it was time.  I have a thing about base and parallel pages being identically arranged.  I don't consider the variations to be inserts so I've decided to keep them with the base team set.  That throws off the aforementioned symmetry that I keeps me sane. Also, should this card come before or after the "sparkle" variation?  (I still don't understand the hidden gem thing)  These are the things I think about at night.

At any rate I'm happy to have all three Heyward cards in my possession.  I still have a few more flagship variations to track down.  Then I can turn to more pressing matters, like figuring out all the Update variations.

2 comments:

  1. "I still don't understand the hidden gem thing"

    It's called the almighty dollar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ain't that the #truth. I definitely get the economic side here. I've already spent way too much money on all of these variations. I'm more confused by the lameness of the hidden gems. What's the point of a variation that is so hard to notice? I'm all for mixing things up but would love to see more creativity!!

    ReplyDelete