Friday, June 3, 2016

Plus Some Other Goodies

A while back I wrote about discovering needs in previously thought to be complete team sets.  Captain Canuck over at Waxaholic almost immediately commented that he had the card needed to put the period on '90 Fleer.   Here it is again, this time the back:



1990 Fleer #642

I really appreciate the simple straight forwardness of this card.  Kelly Mann is only a blip in my memory which maybe explains how I missed it.  I'm glad to get my hands on it, thanks Brian!

Next Dave dropped a note saying that he had one of the '93 Upper Deck Chippers that I needed (Jeff sent the other.)


1993 Upper Deck #24

Now I'm just down to the Oliva #426.  But wait, Dave sent way more than just the one card:



2013 Topps #344


2013 Topps Update U255

These two cards finished off the '13 Topps team sets.  Theoretically I still need a bunch of short print variations but at this point I'm kinda ambivalent about those.

Next Dave sent most of the '84 Donruss team set,



including these:




1984 Donruss 542 & 589

This is my first time seeing this set so I had to look up its details.  I can guarantee that had I put it set together on my own, that Ramirez error card would have been missed.  I'm conflicted about the Jacoby.  I'm inclined to think of it as an Indians card but it's hard to deny that Atlanta cap.

Dave also sent EVERY card off my '92 Stadium Club wantlist!   My favorite of the bunch #478:

 


Last but definitely not least, Dave sent these beauties:



1971 Topps 30, 88 & 587

Look at that sweet Niekro!!  The more I see these cards the more I love them.  I definitely want to put together this set.  There are a couple of pricey cards (I'm looking at you Hank) that will be tough with my budget but I'm up for the challenge.

Thanks again Brian and Dave!!



1 comment:

  1. Saw your comment on a recent post, would love to trade but cant find your email please send it. tessierthomas at yahoo dot com.

    ReplyDelete