Thursday, March 21, 2013

Trade with The Sandlot





A couple days ago I received a trade package from Joe over at The Sandlot.  I sent him several of the Mets that he needed from the 2013 Topps base and insert sets.  I won't bore you with all the flagship cards that he sent other than this one:




#115 Target red.

I might get fancy and put some kind of tracker in the sidebar to keep score of my progress on this rainbow thing.

Joe also sent a stack of cards that I'm largely unfamiliar with.  Most come from the years that I was out of the hobby.  However these beauties come from the '96 Pacific Crown Collection, a brand that I sometimes collected as a teen:






#s 1, 2, 15, 16, 17

Honestly, I don't remember this set but I'm really liking what I see.  Joe may have gathered from previous posts that I absolutely love cards with full bleed pictures.  The Braves occupy cards 1-18 in the set, probably a tribute to their '95 World Series victory.  I love sets that keep teams together AND in alphabetical order  I'm definitely interested in pursuing the rest of these.  Now you see how easily I am swayed.  Thanks for the trade Joe!!

I also won these on ebay:


46, 126, 201, 257 Walmart blue

I previously said I wouldn't be buying any retail parallels but I couldn't resist the price.  I got these four for less than $2.  That includes shipping.  I'm now half-way finished with the blues.  Want lists have been updated accordingly.



No comments:

Post a Comment